Skip to main content

An unforgettable help

There was a quality issue with one product. The customer asked me to come and segregate the products in their line. As a supplier, we always treat the customer as God. I immediately ran to the Customer plant with two quality inspectors with me to segregate the material. The procedure for segregation was not easy. First of all, I informed the customer about our visit so that they can arrange our entry at the gate. We entered the premises. There were a lot of approvals required to segregate the material. Till that time we were just waiting outside of the office. Once permission was done, we entered the plant. The material was arranged. We started segregation. It was summer. We were feeling like we were burning in the chamber. In that, every manager of the different department of customer started questioning about the generation of the defect. Some even shouted that because of our product, there was serious concern on the line of assembly of products. As it was our fault, I kept quiet while they were shouting & saying all the bad words. I informed them that analysis of the issue was going on at our plant and the issue would never repeat. We all were under tremendous stress. We were even not allowed to sit there. We all had started sweating and almost wet. After working sometime, there was lunchtime. All of us were hungry. There was a canteen at the customer end but we were required to purchase the coupons. I just verified my wallet and found that I had forgotten to bring enough cash for the coupon. I was with inspectors who were hungry too and they were needed to work another 4hours. It was my responsibility to arrange food for them. I started got sweating. To whom I should ask money. I was a supplier and it was our fault for the quality issue. The customer was upset and angry. I had enough money for two of my inspectors. But I was required to skip the food. I sent them for lunch. I was just waiting there on the premises. There was a customer (Supplier quality executive) on the same premises. He asked me about my lunch. I told him, “I don’t want to have lunch.” He insisted, “Come with me. We will go together.” Now I was required to tell the truth as I could not say no to him. Finally, I told him, “The fact is I forgot to bring cash. And no other option is here to purchase coupon.” I felt embarrassed to tell this to him. But he was very cool and kind. He just took out his wallet and gave me 500bucks and said “Don’t worry. Come, have lunch.” It was a very much embarrassing situation. But sometimes life teaches us to bow down to someone and leave aside our ego. Need teaches you to be on the ground and shows you the way to surpass it. The next day only I returned the money to him. But we cannot return the favor or help of somebody by any means. It remains attached with us for a lifetime.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery of a shoe bomb

     Lily unlocked the back door of the thrift store using a key that didn't belong to her. She entered the store with silent footsteps. It was late at night, and the only people in the store were security guards stationed outside. Lily had entered the store from the backyard as both security guards were on the front side dealing with a psycho client who was yelling at the business for poor product quality. She dashed towards the processing portion of the business, where donated items are accepted, verified, and refurbished. There were several cameras, wires, and other items that were kept discretely. She instantly began looking in the midst of the mayhem. She found the camera after some searching. There was some data on the camera chip that may assist Lily save her boyfriend. While the data was being collected, Lily began visualising the beginning of this narrative. Lily had just received her first pay check as a schoolteacher. She had set up a date with her boyfriend, Joh

The boss and The embarrassment

 For my company's party, my boss and I wanted to go to a party hall. We started from the company itself, in his car. Everyone else left first. We were late because we had some work to do. Those were the days when I was extremely fortunate to work for the ideal company, ideal boss, and ideal location. Everything felt like a dream. My boss used to be very nice to us. He knew the name of the party hall but not the exact location. I asked him if he knew the address. But he was confident that we would figure out the location once we reached there. What can a subordinate do? I nodded my head.  We arrived at the location. There were no lights in the vicinity. He was certain that the Party hall was nearby, but we couldn't pinpoint the exact location. We continued our search on the road for some time. But we couldn't figure out where it was. So I suggested calling HR to confirm the location. "Don't worry, gentleman," he said. "We'll find out." M

"A thief is a thief, whether he steals a cucumber or a diamond .”

Theft is a big profession in the world. From small level servants to big level people, can work under this profession. They earn a lot of tax-free money. I met lots of thieves in a different stages of my life. To take any object without the knowledge of the owner of the object is a theft. Every thief has his own reasons to do a theft.   I  was a child when I met a thief who used to take away children. That day, I was with my Aunt. We went to the dentist for some dental work. After that, we went to a medical shop. As I remember, I was just standing outside of the shop. My aunt was in the shop. A woman having one small child in hand came to me. She said “Come, I will give you chocolate” and she held my hand and started pulling me with her. I was so dumb that I had started walking with her silently. My aunt came back from the shop and to her surprise, I was not there on road. When she saw both sides of the road, she noticed that I was going with a lady with a child in