Skip to main content

The boss and The embarrassment




 For my company's party, my boss and I wanted to go to a party hall. We started from the company itself, in his car. Everyone else left first. We were late because we had some work to do. Those were the days when I was extremely fortunate to work for the ideal company, ideal boss, and ideal location. Everything felt like a dream.

My boss used to be very nice to us. He knew the name of the party hall but not the exact location. I asked him if he knew the address. But he was confident that we would figure out the location once we reached there. What can a subordinate do? I nodded my head.

 We arrived at the location. There were no lights in the vicinity. He was certain that the Party hall was nearby, but we couldn't pinpoint the exact location. We continued our search on the road for some time. But we couldn't figure out where it was.

So I suggested calling HR to confirm the location.

"Don't worry, gentleman," he said. "We'll find out."

Momentarily, a person was walking down the street. The boss intervened.

"Excuse me!" said the boss.

"Yes!" said the man. "What's up?"

Boss asked, “Can you please help us to reach a party hall the pearl.”

He said, "Yes, I am going nearby only. I can show you the way if you let me enter the car."

The Boss replied, "Ohh... very lovely. Please come in. "

I, too, was unable to guess anything at the time.

The man got into the car and began showing the route. He asked the boss to stop after traveling just about 500 meters.

We thought we had finally arrived. The man got down the car.

The man said, "Thank you. Now you just turn around and go back 500m. If you look inside the left, you'll see the Pearl board just behind the tree. "

We couldn't figure out what had happened to us right away. The boss simply turned around and returned to the location where we had given a lift to the man.

We discovered a board of The Pearl hidden behind the tree on the left side of the car. We were unable to know earlier because there were no lights outside.

But instead of being angry at him, we were laughing.

When we entered the Pearl, all of our colleagues and seniors were already there. Clearly, we were late. When a colleague asked both of us why we were late, I couldn't stop laughing. My boss was visibly embarrassed. What a feeling it is to see your boss embarrassed by his own mistakes.

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery of a shoe bomb

     Lily unlocked the back door of the thrift store using a key that didn't belong to her. She entered the store with silent footsteps. It was late at night, and the only people in the store were security guards stationed outside. Lily had entered the store from the backyard as both security guards were on the front side dealing with a psycho client who was yelling at the business for poor product quality. She dashed towards the processing portion of the business, where donated items are accepted, verified, and refurbished. There were several cameras, wires, and other items that were kept discretely. She instantly began looking in the midst of the mayhem. She found the camera after some searching. There was some data on the camera chip that may assist Lily save her boyfriend. While the data was being collected, Lily began visualising the beginning of this narrative. Lily had just received her first pay check as a schoolteacher. She had set up a date with her boyfriend, Joh

"A thief is a thief, whether he steals a cucumber or a diamond .”

Theft is a big profession in the world. From small level servants to big level people, can work under this profession. They earn a lot of tax-free money. I met lots of thieves in a different stages of my life. To take any object without the knowledge of the owner of the object is a theft. Every thief has his own reasons to do a theft.   I  was a child when I met a thief who used to take away children. That day, I was with my Aunt. We went to the dentist for some dental work. After that, we went to a medical shop. As I remember, I was just standing outside of the shop. My aunt was in the shop. A woman having one small child in hand came to me. She said “Come, I will give you chocolate” and she held my hand and started pulling me with her. I was so dumb that I had started walking with her silently. My aunt came back from the shop and to her surprise, I was not there on road. When she saw both sides of the road, she noticed that I was going with a lady with a child in