Skip to main content

FACE THE FEAR , LOSE THE FEAR - MY BIKE PHOBIA

 



Normally, a bike is an attraction to every youngster. But during my days in college, due to certain conditions, I could not learn to drive a bike.

I always had this complex in my mind that if I ever would be able to drive a bike.

After college, I joined a company.

My boss, Anant, was extraordinary in communication. I learned a lot from him.

I was an extremely dumb and less talkative person in my initial days.

I learned a lot from Anant, not only communication but also my self-confidence was built by him.

I started my journey of development even though it was late.

To drive a bike, was one more skill that I was lacking. I used to be ashamed of telling my friends or colleagues that I don’t know to drive a bike.

But now while working, I saw that colleagues are required to go to visit at Client's place on the bike. There were two bikes in the company for us to visit at the client's place.

The boss also was unaware that I don’t know to drive a bike. Somehow, I was escaping from this issue with the help of colleagues.

But one day, he got to know this and he gave me a warning that I must learn to drive a bike.

All the day we used to be busy at work. Then after work, no one would be ready to teach me to drive the bike.

Every day, I used to be under stress as Anant could ask me any day to go by bike.

And finally, the day came.

Anant purposefully asked me to go to the client on the bike.

He gave me the key and said, “You need to go to the client. This is the key of my bike.”

I tried to be smart and said, “Okay Sir, I will go with Vaibhav as it will be helpful to complete the task fast.”

I knew Vaibhav would drive the bike and my problem would be solved.

But, Anant replied, “ Today, no one would come with you. And it is compulsory to take the bike with you. Now you decide whether to go on the bike or walk along with the bike.”

I had no option. I started to go out. Vaibhav came with me to explain the basic gears and brake system.

Finally, I sat on the bike and started with a kick. Fortunately, it started. I started driving with changing gear. But it got shut down within a 10-meter distance.

Vaibhav gave some tips for driving. I tried to drive 4~5 times. I failed as I was not able to drive 100meter also.

But there was no option other than to go on the bike.

I walked some distance with the bike. But the client was at 30kms. I had no option but to drive the bike. 

Finally, I decided to drive and took a breath, and started the bike.

This time, I could ride smoothly.

This is how I learned the bike in one day and I lost my driving phobia forever.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery of a shoe bomb

     Lily unlocked the back door of the thrift store using a key that didn't belong to her. She entered the store with silent footsteps. It was late at night, and the only people in the store were security guards stationed outside. Lily had entered the store from the backyard as both security guards were on the front side dealing with a psycho client who was yelling at the business for poor product quality. She dashed towards the processing portion of the business, where donated items are accepted, verified, and refurbished. There were several cameras, wires, and other items that were kept discretely. She instantly began looking in the midst of the mayhem. She found the camera after some searching. There was some data on the camera chip that may assist Lily save her boyfriend. While the data was being collected, Lily began visualising the beginning of this narrative. Lily had just received her first pay check as a schoolteacher. She had set up a date with her boyfriend, Joh

The boss and The embarrassment

 For my company's party, my boss and I wanted to go to a party hall. We started from the company itself, in his car. Everyone else left first. We were late because we had some work to do. Those were the days when I was extremely fortunate to work for the ideal company, ideal boss, and ideal location. Everything felt like a dream. My boss used to be very nice to us. He knew the name of the party hall but not the exact location. I asked him if he knew the address. But he was confident that we would figure out the location once we reached there. What can a subordinate do? I nodded my head.  We arrived at the location. There were no lights in the vicinity. He was certain that the Party hall was nearby, but we couldn't pinpoint the exact location. We continued our search on the road for some time. But we couldn't figure out where it was. So I suggested calling HR to confirm the location. "Don't worry, gentleman," he said. "We'll find out." M

"A thief is a thief, whether he steals a cucumber or a diamond .”

Theft is a big profession in the world. From small level servants to big level people, can work under this profession. They earn a lot of tax-free money. I met lots of thieves in a different stages of my life. To take any object without the knowledge of the owner of the object is a theft. Every thief has his own reasons to do a theft.   I  was a child when I met a thief who used to take away children. That day, I was with my Aunt. We went to the dentist for some dental work. After that, we went to a medical shop. As I remember, I was just standing outside of the shop. My aunt was in the shop. A woman having one small child in hand came to me. She said “Come, I will give you chocolate” and she held my hand and started pulling me with her. I was so dumb that I had started walking with her silently. My aunt came back from the shop and to her surprise, I was not there on road. When she saw both sides of the road, she noticed that I was going with a lady with a child in