Skip to main content

A Judgment – A Trouble

 

 


Kristine was a judge for the last few years and had solved so many critical criminal cases with her talent and judgment. She was the only girl to her parents. Her parents were both retired teachers. They were very much proud of their daughter for her achievements. She had married a businessman and had a son from him. He was 10 years old. Kristine was 45 and her husband was 47.

Her life was full of excitement as well as an emotional roller coaster ride as she was facing a new case every day. Each case on the bench was bringing thrill in her life. She was enjoying this journey as every case had a new perspective of crime every time.

But she was not known that this job would put her in such trouble that she would regret as well as thank God that she is a judge.

The other day she finished her breakfast in a hurry as she was getting late to court. Somehow she finished her breakfast and ran towards the car. She reached the court on time. Till today, there is a record on her name that she was never late in her lifetime in court. She was very punctual and maintained her grace for so many years.

But she was unaware that a case would change her life that day. She started listening to the case.

A seventeen-year-old boy, named Martin was caught in a molestation case of a girl. The girl’s father sued him for the charges of molestation. 

The girl's name was Roma. She was just a friend of a best friend of Martin as told by Roma.

One day Martin came into her home and molested her as there was no one at home.

Martin had accepted his charges but he said, “Honorable Judge, I accept I have done this. But I am not the only guilty. Two other people are also guilty of this crime.”

Kristine said, “Please tell us who were they? And what was their role in this crime? Please elaborate on this in detail.”

Martin said, “Yes, they are my father and mother. But I am not aware who my mother is?”

Kristine said, “Okay. But what role they played in this? I mean I am surprised that you are charging your parents these serious allegations. Are you serious?”

Martine said, “Yes! Though I am not aware of my Mom who she is? And where she is?”

Kristine said, “You will have to tell us the role played by your father. And another side you are telling me you don’t know your mother. Listen to me my dear boy, don’t waste time. Don’t blame somebody whom you don’t know also.”

Martine said, “Honorable Judge, I am telling truth. My father has grown me up as a single parent. But he had never cared for me. From childhood, I saw him with different girlfriends. He used to tell me that this life is to enjoy.”

Kristine said, “I can understand. But what's the role of your father in this crime?”

Martine said, “My father gave me lessons of brutality. My upbringing is equally faulty with me. So how can I only be blamed? My father is equally at fault.”

Kristine was very nervous as she was feeling very sad for this boy.

She said, “Call your father tomorrow in the court.”

The court was adjourned.

Kristine kept thinking throughout the night about the case. She had seen many cases but this case was difficult for her as she too was a mother of a child. But there was something else that was troubling her more in this case.

She was in her past. A person who was one of her boyfriends from whom she had given birth to a dead child was in her mind.

Without any reason, from the time she saw Martine, she had a motherhood feeling.

The next day, as per routine she reached the court on time.

The case hearing started.

Martine was brought to the court. But the next moment, there was a person who entered the court, looking at whom, Kristine got a shocking moment.

He was not only Martine's father but also Kristine’s ex-boyfriend Romil from whom she had given birth to a dead child before their break up. And the fact was that she had never seen her dead child.

When Romil entered the court, he immediately understood that the judge is his ex-girlfriend Kristine. Now he has got scared. Because it was the fact that Martine was Romil and Kristine’s son. Romil had lied to Kristine that her child was dead during birth only. So till today, Kristine was unaware that she had a son very much alive from Romil.

Kristine asked, “Romil, is Martine your child?”

Romil said, “Yes, yours as well!”

Kristine just stood up and said, “No. What? What you are saying?”

Romil said, “Yes, it’s true. I had lied. He is your son too. When you gave birth to him, we had decided to break up. But I was sure that you would never hand over my son to me. So I told you the lie with the help of my friend in the hospital. Your son was very much alive and healthy at birth. I am the culprit. Please forgive me. But Martine is your son as well.”

Kristine said, “How can I believe in you? We need to do a DNA sample test and will wait for the results. The court is adjourned till the results come. Don’t dare to tell lie to save Martine. Even if he is my son, he will not be spared.”

Even though Kristine had given the decision to wait for DNA tests, she verified the date of birth of Martine from his documents.

It was the same date as her first delivery. Now she was sure that Romil was telling the truth.

She met Martine in custody. She said to him in a very deep voice, “Sorry Martine! I am your culprit. But the fact is I did not know about you. Your father lied to me.”

Martine was crying. Tears were flowing through his eyes. He said nothing. He just kept silent.

Kristine said, “Martine, my child, you have done a punishable act. You should respect women. And being a woman I am not convinced to save you from this punishment. But if you tell me what exactly has happened, I can help you. Don’t worry. I will be there for you wherever you needed me. Now I have to leave. Take care of yourself, my sweetheart!”

She kissed him on his forehead and left from there with tears in her eyes.

At home, now her husband, Albert asked her about the case. She told the story. Albert was a very supportive and caring husband.

He stood by her and asked her to decide as per legal terms.

Kristine could not sleep for two days.

She was in trouble. She was worried that she would be required to give punishment to her son whom she had just met. She was in the blink of life where she would not forgive herself if Martine proves at fault.

She studied the legal documents very carefully. She was not getting convinced that Martine molested the girl because neither Roma nor Martine had that spark of anger in their body language as well as in their eyes. After working so many years, she had become an expert psychologist as well.

So she asked the police to investigate the details of this case. She observed all the CCTV footage very carefully. She observed that Martine did not enter Roma's Home that day. He just stood outside. Rather Roma came out and they both went together with smiling faces.

Then police also investigated where they went from home together. They just walked down to a nearby shopping mall and a restaurant. Kristine got the CCTV footage of the shopping mall and restaurant also. They were looking happy together in the footage. And then Roma left Martine and went home alone. Martine went home alone.

This was a surprise for Kristine that if Martine did not molest, she sued Martine for the charges he had not done.

There was something fishy.

In the court, DNA reports clarified that Martine was Kristine's son.

But now the facts came in was,

Roma had lied to the court and there was no molestation done by Martine.

Roma explained that this was done because Martine forced her to do so. He had threatened her that if she did not agree to help him, he would do break up with her.

Roma's father was also unaware of this reality.

Martine did this only to teach his father a lesson. But he did not understand that he was himself getting into trouble. Roma and Martine were legally illiterate. They childishly played this game. But now both were guilty of wasting time in court for a false case. 

Kristine was happy but nervous also as she was required to give punishment to her son.

Kristine also punished her ex-boyfriend for giving wrong information about her child and keeping him away from her.



The end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery of a shoe bomb

     Lily unlocked the back door of the thrift store using a key that didn't belong to her. She entered the store with silent footsteps. It was late at night, and the only people in the store were security guards stationed outside. Lily had entered the store from the backyard as both security guards were on the front side dealing with a psycho client who was yelling at the business for poor product quality. She dashed towards the processing portion of the business, where donated items are accepted, verified, and refurbished. There were several cameras, wires, and other items that were kept discretely. She instantly began looking in the midst of the mayhem. She found the camera after some searching. There was some data on the camera chip that may assist Lily save her boyfriend. While the data was being collected, Lily began visualising the beginning of this narrative. Lily had just received her first pay check as a schoolteacher. She had set up a date with her boyfriend, Joh

The boss and The embarrassment

 For my company's party, my boss and I wanted to go to a party hall. We started from the company itself, in his car. Everyone else left first. We were late because we had some work to do. Those were the days when I was extremely fortunate to work for the ideal company, ideal boss, and ideal location. Everything felt like a dream. My boss used to be very nice to us. He knew the name of the party hall but not the exact location. I asked him if he knew the address. But he was confident that we would figure out the location once we reached there. What can a subordinate do? I nodded my head.  We arrived at the location. There were no lights in the vicinity. He was certain that the Party hall was nearby, but we couldn't pinpoint the exact location. We continued our search on the road for some time. But we couldn't figure out where it was. So I suggested calling HR to confirm the location. "Don't worry, gentleman," he said. "We'll find out." M

"A thief is a thief, whether he steals a cucumber or a diamond .”

Theft is a big profession in the world. From small level servants to big level people, can work under this profession. They earn a lot of tax-free money. I met lots of thieves in a different stages of my life. To take any object without the knowledge of the owner of the object is a theft. Every thief has his own reasons to do a theft.   I  was a child when I met a thief who used to take away children. That day, I was with my Aunt. We went to the dentist for some dental work. After that, we went to a medical shop. As I remember, I was just standing outside of the shop. My aunt was in the shop. A woman having one small child in hand came to me. She said “Come, I will give you chocolate” and she held my hand and started pulling me with her. I was so dumb that I had started walking with her silently. My aunt came back from the shop and to her surprise, I was not there on road. When she saw both sides of the road, she noticed that I was going with a lady with a child in