Skip to main content

Truth is stranger than fiction.

My boss, Anant, was of mid-thirty. He was a good guy and a jolly person. We were three in the office.  Myself Karan, working as a trainee engineer. And an assistant named Vaibhav.
Whatever work was there, we used to distribute and do the work.
But many times, we used to go to customer or vendor sites; there would be nobody in the office.
So, Anant decided to have a receptionist for the office. He explained to us, “She will handle office documents and call management.” He told me to give an advertisement in a local newspaper in Pune. I and Vaibhav immediately completed the job. Boys will be boys. Both of us were very happy with the idea that one girl would be there with us for the next few days in the office. 
Finally, the day of interviews came and one by one girls started entering for interviews. Anant had selected few girls for the interview. Vaibhav and I, both were so excited that we told Anant that there is no appointment with any customer as well as vendor. We will be doing office work today. Anant also knew why we canceled our visits. But he was very friendly with us and never treated us like a boss. We were very excited to know whom he selects for office.
Two or three girls were already rejected by him and they went out. One more girl came in. She was stunningly beautiful. Anant asked her to wait outside the room. At that time, she enquired a lot to us about the office and workload. Anant called her inside for an interview. As she went inside, Vaibhav immediately said,” I know Anant sir very well; he is going to select her as she is beautiful.” I blinked my eyes and agreed to it saying, “Yes, I know”.
After the interview, she came out and said, "He had selected me. But I refused to join as I am getting more salary in my current job. I was expecting more salary. I have asked Anant sir for my sister. She will be interested in this job. He has asked to send my sister tomorrow.” 
After that one more girl came whom we both opinioned that he will not select her. But she got selected as a receptionist. Her name was Geeta.
The next day, the sister of that girl, Riya, came for the interview and got selected as expected even though there was no vacant position. She was more beautiful than her sister. 
Vaibhav and I decided that we will save her from Anant by any means.
The next day, he told me that he is taking Riya with him for a customer visit. Vaibhav and I, both were upset because of this. After some time, I called Anant, for some work-related query. Then Vaibhav called him. Like this, we started calling him alternately at every hour.  Eventually, they came back and we were relaxed. Now from the next day, this had become our routine, because we were very sure that Riya is not safe with him. Geeta used to observe this and used to laugh at us. 
But that day, a different thing happened. He took Geeta with him saying some Government office work is there. Hence we were relaxed that day.  The next day, Anant said, “Same work is going on and will take two to three days.” We were happy for now Riya will be at the office and we will be relaxed. 
But after two days, all of sudden, Geeta called Anant’s wife & Father into the office in the meeting room. Also, she called me, Riya and Vaibhav as well. Lastly, she called Anant as Anant was out of the office and was not aware of this happening.  He was surprised to see his family in the office and I saw him very nervous about this situation. Now Geeta started talking. She told to his wife that yesterday, Anant has proposed to her for marriage. She also told that he promised her that he is going take a divorce from his wife. 
Vaibhav and I looked at each other as we both were equally surprised. Then we both looked at Riya and thanked God in our mind. But we felt sorry for Geeta. It was her last day in office as Anant had refused and denied everything.
It was sounding unbelievable to us, but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

   
 
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery of a shoe bomb

     Lily unlocked the back door of the thrift store using a key that didn't belong to her. She entered the store with silent footsteps. It was late at night, and the only people in the store were security guards stationed outside. Lily had entered the store from the backyard as both security guards were on the front side dealing with a psycho client who was yelling at the business for poor product quality. She dashed towards the processing portion of the business, where donated items are accepted, verified, and refurbished. There were several cameras, wires, and other items that were kept discretely. She instantly began looking in the midst of the mayhem. She found the camera after some searching. There was some data on the camera chip that may assist Lily save her boyfriend. While the data was being collected, Lily began visualising the beginning of this narrative. Lily had just received her first pay check as a schoolteacher. She had set up a date with her boyfriend, Joh

The boss and The embarrassment

 For my company's party, my boss and I wanted to go to a party hall. We started from the company itself, in his car. Everyone else left first. We were late because we had some work to do. Those were the days when I was extremely fortunate to work for the ideal company, ideal boss, and ideal location. Everything felt like a dream. My boss used to be very nice to us. He knew the name of the party hall but not the exact location. I asked him if he knew the address. But he was confident that we would figure out the location once we reached there. What can a subordinate do? I nodded my head.  We arrived at the location. There were no lights in the vicinity. He was certain that the Party hall was nearby, but we couldn't pinpoint the exact location. We continued our search on the road for some time. But we couldn't figure out where it was. So I suggested calling HR to confirm the location. "Don't worry, gentleman," he said. "We'll find out." M

"A thief is a thief, whether he steals a cucumber or a diamond .”

Theft is a big profession in the world. From small level servants to big level people, can work under this profession. They earn a lot of tax-free money. I met lots of thieves in a different stages of my life. To take any object without the knowledge of the owner of the object is a theft. Every thief has his own reasons to do a theft.   I  was a child when I met a thief who used to take away children. That day, I was with my Aunt. We went to the dentist for some dental work. After that, we went to a medical shop. As I remember, I was just standing outside of the shop. My aunt was in the shop. A woman having one small child in hand came to me. She said “Come, I will give you chocolate” and she held my hand and started pulling me with her. I was so dumb that I had started walking with her silently. My aunt came back from the shop and to her surprise, I was not there on road. When she saw both sides of the road, she noticed that I was going with a lady with a child in